Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

contre vir

Well of late it has been brought to my attention that a so called drug "contre vir" is being branded as a cure by one of the members of the immunoscience.com founders. Now if I understand this correctly its more a treatment regime than an actual cure. From the reading I have done there is NO published data in regards this drug, which has been under clincal trial for the past 6 or so years. No publications in peer review papers such as the journal of immunology or virology. So what is the actual potential of this so called "cure" and where are the data for the various stages in clinical trials?

Response from Dr. Daar

I am aware of very little clinical data with this therapeutic. Only time and clinical research will tell if it is safe and effective. Regardless of its activity, the concept of a "cure" where the virus is actually eliminated from the body would seem like a bit of a reach for any such therapeutic.

Best, Eric

TMC-114 and Testosterone
your recent hbot answer