Oct 9, 2006
Well of late it has been brought to my attention that a so called drug "contre vir" is being branded as a cure by one of the members of the immunoscience.com founders. Now if I understand this correctly its more a treatment regime than an actual cure. From the reading I have done there is NO published data in regards this drug, which has been under clincal trial for the past 6 or so years. No publications in peer review papers such as the journal of immunology or virology. So what is the actual potential of this so called "cure" and where are the data for the various stages in clinical trials?
Response from Dr. Daar
I am aware of very little clinical data with this therapeutic. Only time and clinical research will tell if it is safe and effective. Regardless of its activity, the concept of a "cure" where the virus is actually eliminated from the body would seem like a bit of a reach for any such therapeutic.
TMC-114 and Testosterone
your recent hbot answer
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.