Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

a new vaccine?

I just read about a new vaccine developed in Switzerland which is a combination of ADN HIV C and NYVAC HIV C. Have you heard of it? Is this a new hope for us who are already infected or is it just for people to become immune and not get infected at all?

Thank you for your response!

Response from Dr. Daar

I am not familiar with the particular vaccine or study you refer to but I can assure you that all HIV vaccines in development are still in the relatively preliminary stages and it will take time and considerable more study before they will be introduced into general care. Many vaccines are being developed to prevent infection of uninfected individuals. Others are being developed to boost immunity in those infected to enhance the ability of the body to control the virus.

Best, Eric

guidlines for test
HIV and tooth decay