Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

ARS symptoms or lack of

I know that you are constantly bombarded by questions about ARS symptoms but I have a slightly different one. I know the only way to know your status for sure is to get an HIV test done. That being said, how encouraged should one be if they are 11 weeks post exposure and have not had any symptoms like fever or swollen lymph nodes. The more reading I do on the subject the more it sounds like the overwhelming majority of individuals who become infected suffer some symptoms like fever? Is there any validity to this thought process? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for your post. While the majority of people probably experience some symptoms during seroconversion, symptoms can be extremely mild in some cases and there may be 20% or more of individuals that experience no apparent symptoms. You are correct, the only way to know for sure is to get tested.

Best, Eric

lymph node swelling timetable
resistance time lines