|HCV RNA PCR
Aug 25, 2006
Is the HCV RNA PCR test fairly reliable 3 weeks following a high risk exposure such as a needlestick?
Response from Dr. Daar
It is difficult to place an absolute number on this but in general most people will be HCV RNA positive within the first 6 weeks of becoming infected. Because there are always potential outliers follow-up testing is still recommended. Best, Eric
Recent PCR post
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Ars?
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.