Aug 15, 2006
Will DanActive help increase my CD4 count. I am taking my kaletra & truvada regularly, but was wondering if the DanActive will really help build up the immune system for me? Right now my count is around 350 and rising, and my virul load has been undetected for over 6 months.
Response from Dr. Daar
Thank you for your post.
I am not aware of any data showing that DanActive will increase CD4 cells in people with HIV.
The good news is that you appear to be doing great on antiretrovirals with undetectable viral load and good CD4 cells that you say are rising. I would anticipate that if you take your therapy consistently you will see a gradual increase in CD4 over the years and should have decades of good health. Best, Eric
Still Detectable at 8 months
Is it ever too late?
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.