Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Dan Active

Will DanActive help increase my CD4 count. I am taking my kaletra & truvada regularly, but was wondering if the DanActive will really help build up the immune system for me? Right now my count is around 350 and rising, and my virul load has been undetected for over 6 months.

Response from Dr. Daar

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of any data showing that DanActive will increase CD4 cells in people with HIV.

The good news is that you appear to be doing great on antiretrovirals with undetectable viral load and good CD4 cells that you say are rising. I would anticipate that if you take your therapy consistently you will see a gradual increase in CD4 over the years and should have decades of good health. Best, Eric

Still Detectable at 8 months
Is it ever too late?