Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

fusion ?
Aug 1, 2006

I have been taking fusion for 10 moths now, with noriver, videx and the new combo of 2-3 different drugs in it called prezista, i am running out of options as i have became resistant to most of the hiv meds, and have been on most all of them, my dr said i only have one more option if these quit working, i have been pos now for 2 yrs, when i 1st found out i was pos my viral load was over 300.000 plus and my cd4 was 55, i am doing well and my 3s are way up, my question is this fusion something that i will become resistant to? this all kinda scrares me when the dr says i do not have but only one more option, if this cocktail quits working...thanks Dakota From New Mexico

Response from Ms. Salisbury

Hi Dakota, The most important thing about Fusion is to put it with at least 2 active HIV drugs. All HIV meds develop resistance if there is not enough activity (ability to prevent HIV from growing). Fusion is a great option for a person to pair with a new HIV drug like Prezista or Aptivus. The studies show it can lead to good control of HIV. The good thing about HIV is there is a lot of interest and pharmaceutical development in the pipeline. There are new classes of drugs that will be available in the future. Some of these new drugs are available in expanded access or in a study center.

There are a lot of good things happening in HIV medicine. If your doctor recommends Fusion then please consider trying it. You will only discover its effects if you give it a try. It might actually make you feel better and there will be less side effects of the HIV infection. Take care. Carol

Previous
new drug from india
Next
Fuzeon Reaction Site

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.