Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

hiv/aids

what's hiv/aids

Response from Dr. Daar

HIV stands for the human immunodeficiency virus. AIDS stands for the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. HIV is the virus that causes immune deficiency, weakening of the immune system, and when this becomes sufficiently severe people start to develop complications, such as unique infections that meet the criteria to be defined as AIDS. Often when describing issues surrounding this disease people will refer to this as "HIV/AIDS" to be inclusive.

I encourage you to review The Body site where you will find a wealth of information related to all aspects on this topic.

Best, Eric

ARS TIME FRAME
Why aren't I resistant?