Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

ARS TIME FRAME

Do ARS symptoms usually all appear at about the same time. I mean would you get a sore throat at two weeks and a rash at 9 weeks, or do the symptoms usually appear closer together. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Daar

I assume that "ARS" refers to the acute retroviral syndrome associated with what is described as acute or primary infection, or the symptoms which occur at the time of seroconversion. In general, those infected will develop an ARS within weeks to months after the exposure that led to infection and most symptoms develop over a relatively brief period of time, such as hours to a few days of each other.

I hope this helps.

Best, Eric

Time And Antibody Testing!
hiv/aids