May 18, 2006
I read a year ago an article about the novel vaccine being used on HIV+ humans and its results sounded really promising has there been any update about its progress or results.
Response from Dr. Daar
Although vaccine development for HIV has been disappointingly slow there has been a great deal of work in this area. Thus far the most promising data has been in animal studies with some mixed results in humans. I am not sure which vaccine you are referring to but regardless there has been slow progress but it is not yet clear that we are on the brink of a major breakthrough at this time.
Mumps Outbreak- Immunize?
question about hidden HIV follow up
- Cold Hands After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Docking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Giving Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.