May 7, 2006
Dera Doctor,My WESTERN BLOTT test results for HIV have weak positivity P25 for HIV-1 and Weak positivity for HIV-2 and negative for remaining other bands. My All times ELISA results have negative. My HIV risk were before 5 years. am I HIV infected or not. Thank you. SALMAN
Response from Dr. Daar
Based upon what you write your HIV-1/2 ELISA is repeatedly negative. If this is true then there is no reason to perform a Western blot, which not unusually will have a single band in an HIV-uninfected individual, a finding that is of absolutely no significance. In general, a repeatedly negative ELISA means no HIV infection. Repeat testing would only be needed if you had a new potential exposure.
EFV and mass
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.