Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Rehabilitation after hepatitis c treatment

what are the medications I have to take after finishing pegasys-ribaverin treatment for 48 weeks and the lab. tests shows negative (pcr test),I mean as a rehabilitation after treatment?

Response from Dr. Daar

The fact that you are undetectable at the end of treatment is great news and hopefully you will remain so when tested 6 months after having stopped therapy which would suggest a very high likelihood that you are cured of your HCV infection.

There really is not anything special to take or do after completing the 48 weeks of therapy for HCV infection. Most people feel better shortly after stopping the interferon and ribavirin and just feel increasingly stronger with time. I suggest you eat right, exercise and give it time.

Best, Eric

HIV Vaccine?
Low T-cells and CD4%