Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

Running out of options in Hudson County

Dear Doctor:

I've been HIV+ coming into my 24th year. I have been on Kaletra, Sustiva and Epivir for a year and a half. Before taking the medication I've mentioned my T-cell count was 340 with a 50,000 viral load. As of today my counts are T-cell at 140 and a 140,000 viral load. In between the year and a half I also tried T-20 but my counts continued to decline. I have two questions, the first is are there any other medications that I may be able to try (new) and if so can you direct me to the information.

Response from Dr. Daar

In order to attempt to answer your question, or any like it, one would need to know more information regarding your previous treatment history, what your viral load response was to previous therapy, as well as results of any resistance testing that has been performed in the past and recently.

As far as resources for information, you wll find that TheBody.com does have many areas that review current treatment and treatment in development. Start at the below and go from there. I think you will find it very helpful.

Best, Eric TheBody.com

Need help formulating regimen
Fortovase off the market