Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers

CCR5:: WHEN COMING IN MARKET FOR OPEN USE?

DEAR DON,

ITS NICE TO CONTACT U AFTER A LONG TIME. I GOT BUSY IN MY STUDIES FOR FINAL PROF PART1 EXAM THESE DAYS. SOME DAYS BEFORE, I HEARD ABOUT THE INTERESTING --VIROC GROUP OF MEDS( CCR5 BLOCKERS)AND TODAY I COME TO U WITH SOME Q ABOUT IT.

1. HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR APLA, VICRI, AND MARAVIROC TO COME IN THE OPEN MARKET ?

2. WHAT WOULD BE THEIR APPROX COST? SO MUCH COSTLY LIKE FUZEON?

3. WHAT AB APLAVIROC? IS IT NO MORE PROCEEDING FOR HEPATOTOXICITY ?

4. AND IN FINE , HOW WOULD I UTTER THE DRUG-- MARAVIROC? IN THIS WAY:: MA-RA-VI-ROK? OR MA-RA-VI-RO-SEE?

WELL, TODAY I FINISH HERE.I WILL WAIT FOR UR ANSWERS. HOPE, U R HAVING COLORFUL DAYZ WITH HEALTHY MIND n PHYSIQUE. TAKE CARE. BYE!

-- TITAS (MBBS STUDENT IN INDIA)

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Hi Titas,

For a current summary of the entry inhibitor class of ARV agents, please check out this link on thebody.com for a nice overview created by Project Inform:

Entry Inhibitors

Unfortunately it is premature to predict a date when any of the agents will appear on the market and what their cost will be. Just about every new agent that is approved is more expensive than it's predecessor, but this information is never known until the time the drug comes to market. Your first pronunciation of 'maraviroc' is correct! Good luck with your studies...

fusion injections
Fuzeon for 20 months = less than 50 copies