The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Strategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVersStrategies for Treatment-Experienced HIVers
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv positive man
Dec 16, 2005

Since February 1994 I am HIV positive. I have antiretroviral treatment the last 10 years. Im very typical with my cure and a good enough compliance but the last six years my CD4 cells are very low and the virus load is high. My present medications are : fuzeon-stocrin-viread-zerit-norvir-reyataz. I have fever for a very long time and a great many of examinations cant find anything to treat.. My general conditions are in a very good health except a discomfort due to fever. firstly I would want to ask you if exists certain other treatment even trial.i am durable in a lot of treatments before from fuzeon. and second which examinations it might make more in order to I find the microbe that me pesters last six months. thank you in advance!!!!

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Based on your syntax and medications, I am guessing you are from somewhere in Europe. I do not know of a resource that might helpful in finding appropriate clinical studies that might be of benefit for you. Since you are on mega-HAART, I assume you are being cared for by a very experienced HIV specialist. I would think he or she might be able to suggest an appropriate infectious disease specialist to help identify the source of your fever and/or a clinical trial site that might have additional antiretroviral options for you. Best of luck to you!

Shingles-like Skin Pain
if symptoms of aids appear and tests say negative...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint