All Treatment Ceased For One Year

I was diagnosed in 1994 with HIV and Hep C. Stayed on treatment for 5+ years. Stopped all medical treatment including medication one year ago. Now experience abdominal bloating (ascites?) and recently noticed palm sized swelling on left side of abdmomen under rib cage. What prognosis do I have by choosing to live naturally without medicines and constant testing? Please advise. Thank you!

Response from Dr. Lee

Honestly, none.

You have two very serious, life-threatening diseases. They are not natural. There is no natural way to cure them. Therefore, if you continue to choose to live without medicines and testing you will most certainly die sooner than if you make use of the therapies that are available.

I am sure this was not the answer you hoped for here. Sorry. Hope is a good thing, but very fragile. In this case, it needs a bit of help (ie medicine)to flourish.

Be well.

stop or not stop
Replace efavirenz