Hiv and cancer
Jul 14, 2004
My mother has been positve for 10years and is undergoing kemo for skin cancer now.Her neutrophils leave is down to 0.77 and has had to stop. She only told me a year ago, I don't know what to expect over the coming months/years. What should i be asking to look for to know how she is and what should i be expecting over this time. Thank you
Response from Dr. Lee
Best to ask your Mom for details. Maybe you can accompany her to doctor visits and get extra info. Because everyone is different in terms of their immune system and the viral effects, you should find out her specific information in order to have an idea of what to expect. Also, her outcome will depend on her treatment choices and history as well. This is a complicated situation. You must be close with your mom.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.