Hiv and cancer

My mother has been positve for 10years and is undergoing kemo for skin cancer now.Her neutrophils leave is down to 0.77 and has had to stop. She only told me a year ago, I don't know what to expect over the coming months/years. What should i be asking to look for to know how she is and what should i be expecting over this time. Thank you

Response from Dr. Lee

Best to ask your Mom for details. Maybe you can accompany her to doctor visits and get extra info. Because everyone is different in terms of their immune system and the viral effects, you should find out her specific information in order to have an idea of what to expect. Also, her outcome will depend on her treatment choices and history as well. This is a complicated situation. You must be close with your mom.

Be well.

NNRTI RESISTANCE?
Is SupervisedTreatment Interruption Advisable ?