Making sure I understand your response

I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Basically, it's not a good idea to give your body a break from the meds because the virus can begin to rapidly take over your system. Is this correct? As long as the meds are working, don't get off them. Is this right? Thanks for your response and have a great holiday!

Response from Dr. Lee

Generally speaking this is correct. It is less of a problem to lift the suppression of the medications if your immune system has never been seriously compromised(ie your T-cells have not dropped to 200 or less) or if your viral level has not been very high. There may be good reasons to discontinue therapy such as side effects, etc. which should be balanced with the possible ill effects of stopping the meds.

Be well.

When to take a break from meds
low plasminogen