Medication change success

Dear Doctors and fellow sufferers,

It has been two and a half years since my doctor changed my medications in hopes that my lipo might be reversed. Before the change I was taking Viramune Epivir and Zerit, and had what I consider to be moderate to severe fat loss in my cheeks, arms legs and buttocks. After substituting Ziagen for the Zerit and leaving the other meds the same, it took about a year to notice any improvement. Now, at two and a half years, I had a lady coworker tell me that I look like my old self again. Actually, I would say that I am about 70 percent back. I think it will be another 1-2 years before my face is fully restored. My cheeks were deeply sunken, unfortunately one side worse than the other. That side is taking longer to recover, but I am a much happier person these days, and encourage everyone else who has chosen the same route to be patient with the fat recovery. The results are much more gradual than with surgery or injections, but definitely worth the wait. Hang in there.

Response from Dr. Lee

Thanks for sharing this info. As a reminder, each person responds differently to the various medicines. Glad you found a regimen that works for you.

Be well.

Are IVIG's helpful?
When to take a break from meds