Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Need Help

My recent visit to the doctor I found that my T cells went up from 144 to 188 but my viral load was first undetectable but now is 1362 I had to be on procrit for a while to build up my red count. I am on Neurontin, Daraprim, combivir, valtrex, leucovorin, dapsone, sustiva, sulfadiazine, and enalapril, and prilosec Otc. can you help me I want some of these medications to be cut down I wanting to know what is happening because it seems like there is a switch with the tcell count and viral load

Response from Dr. Lee

Do you know why you had a low red count? The treatment you are on includes medicine to treat toxoplasmosis and to treat or suppress herpes. I am unclear how long you have been on these medicines. I would suggest that you have a long discussion with your doc about when it might work to reduce or stop some of the meds. I DO NOT recommend stopping anything until after you have this conversation with your doctor.

The other issue to look at are how tightly you have maintained your antiviral dosing. The increased viral level may not be a serious problem if it returns to undetectable right away.

Be well.

Restarting Med
Options