Meds switch

Hi, I have been on meds for little over a year now. Began treatment during ARS. Have been undetecable since one month on meds. No major side effects so far. I am on Trizivir and Viramune 2x a day. I will be starting grad school this fall and I wanted to switch to a once a day regimen as well as get the AZT out of my combo. My doc has suggested Viread, Emtriva and Sustiva. I am a little worried about the "Sustiva crazies". Does the fact that i have been on Viramune and tolerated it well bode well for Sustiva tolerance?? I will be starting my new regimen in a couple of weeks.

Response from Dr. Lee

I don't understand your desire to "get AZT out" of the combo. Once daily dosing can make things a little simpler. The combo you have decided on is a good one. The tolerance of Viramune does not have any relationship to the central nervous system side effects which may or may not occur with Sustiva. So, you may do quite well on the suggested regimen. If you don't, talk to your doc about switching back to your current regimen, or look at some of the other once daily regimens that are available.

PS Good job on remaining undetectable on your current regimen. Be well.

Stavudine (Zerit) once a day?
Drug interuption after 19yrs. pos. CD4s always have been 375 and up in 400s, do I go back?