Stavudine (Zerit) once a day?

Hi I am in the UK, I started on meds nearly a year ago - sustiva once a day, epivir twice a day and stavudine (zerit) twice a day. My VL is down from over 100,000 to undetectable and cd4 count up from 245 to just under 500.

I am keen to get onto taking tablets just once a day - ie when going to bed. I know that epivir now has a once a day tablet, but is it true that stavudine now has a once a day pill?

I read in an article written Feb 2003 that it should be available by the end of the year, but my doc says he has heard nothing about it yet

Response from Dr. Lee

The BristolMeyerSquibb company representatives have told me there is currently no specific release date set for the once daily capsules. The company has been working on this for some time, and I am relatively certain it will be available sometime in the next year or so. In the meantime, talk to your doc about other once daily options (Videx EC, Viread, etc.). In fact, Glaxo (Abacavir and Epivira) is also working towards a one pill, once daily dual treatment and the Gilead company is working on Viread/Emtriva combo which will be once daily.

Be well.

seriodiscordent children
Meds switch