full aids how do I manage now

I have been full blown for 4yrs low cd4's and high viral want to know if there is an alternitive to meds? meds are not my friend have tried many different combos none seem to agree with me my doc trys hard but still trys to push meds I want to try an alternitive any info is great thank you

Response from Dr. Boyle

Sorry, but there is no alternative. You have to find a regimen that you can take and tolerate and that works to suppress your virus and get your CD4 count up. I have some patients like you that had a hard time finding a regimen they could take, but with a lot of effort every one of them found a regimen that they could take AND that worked. Recently, a number of new drugs have been approved, such as emtricitabine, tenofovir, atazanavir and fosamprenavir, and these are VERY well tolerated and you should discuss them with your doctor. In the meantime, while you and your doctor work to get you on tolerable and effective therapy, make sure you take your prophylaxis, especially the Bactrim.

Norvir booster?
Proton Pump Inhibitors and Reyataz