Norvir booster?

I've been taking crixivan and combivir for God knows how long:) 5 yrs maybe; crixivan ever 8 hrs and combivir twice a day. My doctor asked me if I wanna start taking them twice a day only, which sounds great! He said he can add one Norvir booster pill to take toghether with crixivan and combivir twice a day.

My VL is undetactable and cd4 about 800

Is it gonna mess my good lab results?

Can Norvir be taken wthout food like crixivan and combivir? Am I going to have major side effects like when I first started taking crixivan? ( I couldn't get off the bed for two weeks!)

Thanks so much in advance

Best Regards Claudio

Response from Dr. Boyle

There's a lot simpler treatments than that, and actually switching to the new regimen may cause some problems. In BEST, patients who switched from Crixivan three times a day to Crixivan twice daily with Norvir (100mg twice daily) had a lot of gastrointestinal problems and that led to the switch arm doing worse than the arm that just continued the Crixivan alone. Adding Norvir does make the regimen simpler, and makes it so the Crixivan can be taken with food, but the tolerability of the regimen is clearly a problem.

Treatment Or Cure?
full aids how do I manage now