condom

hello from mexico,my cuetion are:my vife an I,eare infected.and under treatment.convivir kaletra & ziagenavir.she is undetec. and I am nearly the same.but ve are using condom, and my cuestion is condom its for life,between my vife and I ?

Response from Dr. Lee

This is a very good question that you ask. There are not any studies that can answer it for you. However, we have information that some men with no detectable virus in the blood, may have virus present in their semen. Considering this finding plus knowing that sometimes resistant viruses are passed from one partner to another, it would not be prudent for me to suggest that you stop using the condom. Remember we are talking not just about condom use "for life" (ie forever) in terms of using this protection from now on, but also condom use "for life" (to save life or in this case lives). Not using condoms risks life.

Be well.

Intensifying Trizivir
Seeking help with my next option