adding atazanavir to a 2 month old weak cocktail

I am currently: T-20, DDI, Kaletra, Hydreaurea to boost DDI; FTC. I amm resistant to kaletra since last treatment. we chose lo leave it. Atazanavir has cross resistance. I have not taking atazanavir, but I would like to add atazanavir to somehow help the t-20. until other medicines come. what is your opinion

Response from Dr. Lee

You have not provided me with enough information to give you an educated opinion. I should point out that there is not much "other medicines" coming in the immediate future.

Therefore it is really critical for you to make wise choices now and to be as careful with your current regimen as possible. My advice is to sit down with your doctor and look at all the medicines you have been on, any genotype or phenotype information you have, etc.

Although adding Atazanavir may be helpful, it will not help if there is significant resistance. Remember, each of the medicines and may affect the blood levels of other medicines. Adding something that is not helpful can be harmful.

Be well.

How long do you need to stay on testosterone replacement?
re-take meds if I vomit a couple hours after dose?