stopping treatment

Hi there. My question has to do with stopping treatment,and what to expect. after five years of being on meds (undetectable),I wanted to give my body a break. athough my numbers are not stellar ( 350-390 range) with my lowest cd4 being 220 before treatment, I am still going to give it a shot for awhile. so my question is: what can I expect to feel like? some say that I will experience a flu-like symptom as my v/l rises, and that I can expect to be more fatigued.Is this true? I guess I should add that my pre-treatment v/l was only 14,000. does the flu-like feelings only happen if you rebound with a very high viral load?

thanks for your time.

Response from Dr. Lee

It is difficult to predict how any individual will feel. Generally there are more symptoms with higher viral levels. It is important to keep an eye on your T4. Based upon the numbers you listed you may lose ground fairly rapidly.

Undetectible Again?!?
Change from Norvir