help, to much Reyataz
Aug 26, 2003
I have been on Viracept,d4t,3tc for 7yrs because of high lipids my dr wrote me RX for Viread,FTC, 400mg reyataz AND 100mgs OF Norvir. Is this to much Reyataz? Ive questioned nurse she checked with Dr to confirm dosage. He confirm 400mg. Reyataz. My vl has been between 60 to under 50 and 1400+ Tcells
Response from Dr. Boyle
The standard dose of Reyataz (atazanavir) under these circumstances should be 300mg with 100mg Norvir (ritonavir). I'd ask your doctor to reconsider the dose and explain why he chose to use a higher dose than is customary. Is there some resistance he is concerned about?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat Worried It Could Be HIV
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.