Aug 19, 2003
do people with hiv infection usually have high cortisol levels or low cortisol levels?
what is your opinion of steroidogenesis inhibitors?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Cortisol levels remain realtively normal in most patients with HIV, although some do develop low cortisol levels, especially with advanced HIV diseasa/AIDS. I doubt that the inhibitors you mention have a role in treating HIV-infected patients, absent their having a very specific condition that requires their use.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.