Becoming HIV immune after 8 years

My T cells have always been over 1200, ( greater than 35)and my viral load undetectable for over 8 years. I have been on the same triple therapy the whole time. Don't you think that my body has developed an immunity? I've always had excellent medical checkups- except for testing positive to HIV.

Response from Dr. Boyle

No, immunity does not develop under the circumstances you are describing. If you stop your therapy, the virus will come back and your T cells will decline, eventually returning to pre-treatment levels and, if you stay off therapy, worse. This does not mean that you can't take a break from the medications if your doctor thinks this is advisable, it just means that your immune system is not likely to be any more able to control the virus now then it was when you initiated therapy in the first place.

Lifespan
Switching to Sustiva