recently diagnosed need guidance

Hello Doctor,

I tested posative for hiv and ive been told by my doctor that with current treatments(which are getting better) that i can actually control hiv in my body and live my full life or close to it? Is this false hope or a reason for me to hit the beach and go surfing!!!?

Response from Dr. Cohen

There were a few questions asking this that were posted today - so read these and I think you'll find you can still go find that wave and stay hopeful... just get connected to someone who's good at HIV treatment issues and expect that we can do well together... and yeah, even for as long as your whole long and full life...

restart after 4 year holiday
Confused on treatment