advice please

hello doc me and my wife both are hiv+. my cd4 is 1160 and load is undetectable. my wife's cd4 is 560. we han't done her load. my wife is 14 week's pregnent. right now she is not taking any antiviral druge. becoz our doc say retroviral can't given before 4 months. my wife will comlite 4 month after 14days.i have one quesation that what are the chances of transmission of hiv to my unborn baby.and what are the medecices are available to protect my baby and my wife. can we have a normal child. please help us

Response from Dr. Boyle

Antiretroviral therapy is extremely effective at reducing the risk of mother-to-child HIV transmission and your wife should get started on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) as soon as possible. These medications will both protect the baby - in some cases there is about a 1% risk of HIV transmission when the mother is treated with HAART - and keep your wife healthy. So, you can have a normal baby and lead relatively normal lives, except for the need for you and your wife to stay on medications to keep your HIV under control.

Switching from Zerit to Viread
Doctor Boyle