different drug formulations
May 12, 2003
Hi, I am looking to improve drugs formulations. Which HIV treatment drugs could use an improved formulation (e.g. which drugs would benefit from dosing once rather than twice a day.) Thank you.
Response from Dr. Boyle
If you're going to work on improving drug formulations you should have a look at the list of drugs and the ones that still don't have a once-daily formulation. In that regard, the best pay dirt is probably in the protease inhibitor class, although a couple of PIs with the potential for once-daily dosing should be coming shortly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Incubation Period For Shingles?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
- Why Is There No Cure For Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.