New to Protease Inhib.

I found out I was hiv+ 2years ago( next month) and a few weeks ago my doctor put me on my first protease inhibitor (Kaletra)...can you suggest ways to help prevent wasting? I have been taking my pills with juice mixed with soy protein powder...is it best to increase my protein intake ? So far I have not had any side effects.(yeah)Any nutritional advice would be greatly appericiated. Just back-ground I tested positive within 4 months of my previous test that was neg. ( I tested twice a year )my doctor said that is in my favor. Thank-you, M.Todd :0

Response from Dr. Boyle

Unfortuantely, there is very limited evidence supporting the use of any particular therapy to prevent fat loss. There is research underway evalauting a number of methods of preventing or treating fat loss, but the data are not to the point where any particular therapy can be recommended. I think what you are doing is reasonable for now.

Early Treatment Ques.
pregnancy and treatment