Epivir Once Daily
Feb 9, 2003
Now that there is a one a day version of Zerit (d4T), is there also a one of day extended release version of Epivir (3TC)? Under what brand name is it sold in pharmacies?
Response from Dr. Aberg
There is a once daily 300 mg tablet of 3TC (epivir, lamivudine) available. Unlike D4T (zerit, stavudine), 3TC does not need to be formulated as an extended release. The 300 mg tablet is the same as taking 2-150 mg tablets at once. The trade name is still epivir.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- What Is The Difference Between Hives And Shingles?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.