New zerit

When is the new Zerit going to be available? Should I switch to the new kind if I have been on the regular one for two years without a problem?

Thank you-Tim

Response from Dr. Boyle

The new Zerit (Zerit XR) has been approved by the FDA and should start to appear in pharmacies shortly. Zerit XR opens the door to once-daily therapy, and if you are on other medications suitable for once-daily dosing you might consider switching to Zerit XR to make all of your medications once-daily. Another reason for considering a switch to Zerit XR is the limited evidence that it may be associated with less toxicity than Zerit IR, although this data needs confirmation before it can definitely be said that the XR (new) formulation has less toxicity than the IR (old) formulation.

Will I go on medications
Re-dose After Vomiting?