Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
News Alert > HIV Relapse in Cured Mississippi Child

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

lympnodes
Dec 5, 2002

my son is now 2 1/2 yrs. When he was 7months he got his first lump on his scalp. At 8months he got his second on his neck just behind his left ear. At 6 months is when he started to get sick, all the time. since he's had several more show up, in his groin and his colon. All are still present and swell up when he gets sick. The doctors call it lymphoid-hyperplasia. I'm concerned that they aren't doing everything that they can. My son is now in his 13th week of chronic diarrea. What do i need to do to get some answers. Smthing is definatley wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank-you, rebekah

Response from Dr. Boyle

You don't mention HIV and therefore I presume he has been tested for this and is negative. If you are unhappy with the care your son is receiving you should seek out other medical advice. A local academic medical center (a hospital that is university affiliated) may be a good starting point.

Previous
zerit and videx
Next
Is this regime OK?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.