zerit and videx

Dr. Boyle -

Is it safe to take Zerit and Videx together? My regimen includes both and I think I read something recently about this combination.

Do you know anything about this?

thanks! you guys are amazing.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I generally do not start patients on these two drugs in combination due to the increased risk of toxicities and side effects. Still, if you are doing well with the combination and have not experienced any side effects or toxicities, it is a tough decision as to whether a switch should be made. If you decide to stay on the regimen you should be warned about the symptoms that might indicate a problem is brewing and you should be monitored carefully for any toxicity. This is an issue you should discuss with your doctor and then make a decision.

Toxic med combos
lympnodes