You said oral thrush is early syptom of VIH infection

Hello.

Reading here in the forum I fiund that you have said that oral thrush is an early symptom of HIV infection.

How early? 2 months? 3 months?

What is early speaking about HIV infection?

Excuse me to post this message in the Simplifying treatment, but I'm scared.

I tested negative at 2 and 4 months after exposition, but at 2.5 months of the exposition I developed oral thrush. I tried with Nistatine and Miconazole and all goes well until I leave the treatment, moment that thrush grow up another time.

I'm very scared.

Thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Cohen

First - there is a lot of confusion about how to diagnose thrush - since thrush is a diagnosis that sometimes is given to white patches and coatings in the mouth or tongue and is caused by something else. So I'd start there - which is to be certain that the diagnosis of thrush is correct. Someone may need to give you a second opinion about the diagnosis - since thrush is uncommon unless there is some very good reason to have it.

If it is confirmed -- thrush is rarely associated with HIV in the first few months after exposure. Can happen but even if it does, it is during seroconversion during which HIV virus levels are high enough to detect on standard tests, and by month 4, HIV antibody tests should also be easily measured. And since you are HIV negative 2 and 4 months after a possible exposure, it sounds like you do NOT have HIV infection.

So at this point I cannot be sure you have thrush - but it sounds like you can be pretty certain that even if it is - it is not an early symptom of HIV. Since you don't have HIV.

OK?

Immune 26
CD4 and CD4/CD8 ratio