mullsocum contagiosum and shaving??
Jul 29, 2002
I have mulloscum contagiosum and I am currently seeking treatment. They had advised me not to shave my pubic / bikini area. My question is if I do shave my bikini line will that cause more "bumps" and/or the mulloscum to spread? Thanks...
Response from Dr. Boyle
Since Molluscum Contagiosum is a viral infection and there is concern regarding possible spread by disruption of infected tissue, I agree with the recommendation that you be extremely careful when shaving. I'm not sure, however, that this absolutely prohibits you from shaving your bikini line, especially if there are no lesions in that area.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Partner Hiv Positive But I'm Negative And Pregnant
- Likelihood Of Contracting Hiv From A Prostitute
- How Well Am I Protected From Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- Who Is At Greater Risk To Get Hiv Top Or Bottom Transmission?
- Can You Detect Hiv The Next Day After Infected?
- If The Woman Already Has Hiv Can A Man Get It Through Vaginal Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.