The extremely rare cases???

Dear Dr. Cohen,

In this site, From Dr.Dezube saying, "Basically, if you test negative at 6 months, then you are HIV-negative. The only way for you to become positive, as far as I know, is to be exposed to the HIV virus once again. So relax, and continue to practice safe sex."

But CDC said "It would be extremely rare to take longer than 6 month" I feel that there are some cases to take longer than 6 months.

A Korean Doctor said that one case from Africa to take 2 years from a AIDS magazine and he was not sure maybe if someone to take over 2 years later.

Do you mean 100 is at 6 months? But CDC and the other expert said 99.9 is at 6 months. (including technical or human errors) But Dr.Dezube saying it is impossible to take over 6 months. I am soooooooo confused. I want to get the clear answer from these.

Thanks PS) hopefully expecting your quick answer.

Response from Dr. Cohen

This forum is on simplifying treatment so isn't for these issues.

As for your question - very rare things may happen very rarely. Although there can be alternative explanations like new exposures to account for some of the apparently delayed seroconversion of some.

I am not sure we can get more definite that 99.9999 and 100% in this field... so do what you can with this reality and adjust accordingly. OK?

Trizivir and vitamin supplements
Just infected