Abacavir once a day?
Jul 19, 2002
I hear that abacavir (Ziagen) is being evaluated for once a day dosing. Any developments on this?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Abacavir is being studied as a once daily medication, but the data are still preliminary and it is still a little premature to routinely use it once-daily. Hopefully, more data is on the way to support its use as a once-daily medication so that patients can have as many once-a-day options as possible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.