how far away??

I desperately want off pi's and currently use viramune with viread.The rest of the nukes are shot for me(not resistance except for 3tc)but because of various side effect problems with each one(rash with ziagen,wasting with zerit,super low blood counts with azt.)So,I was left with viread which seems okay so far.So how soon before something in some class comes available that I can combine with the viramune and viread?I've heard t-20 is difficult with prep etc and I'd rather stay away from injections.Time is of the essence for me because I can no longer keep the fat accumulation in check and although not life threatening(actually if it gets much worse it could be)has me beside myself. If I knew something was close then I would have some hope,it depends how close.

Response from Dr. Boyle

The regimen you are on is not a very good one and you are pretty likely to develop resistance on it that may signficantly impact future treatment choices. Some new drugs in each class are on the horizon, and I suspect you will see them approved over the next year or so, but cross-resistance will reamin an issue with some of them. Atazanavir, which is 2 pills once daily, recently entered expanded access and you might have your doctor look into this medication.

To Stop, or Not To Stop?
spare tire