videx switch

I read somewhere that videx ec was the most potent and durable out of all the available nukes, but also the most toxic (besides ddc)I've switched out my nuke because of side effects,does this mean the three years of undetectability and cd4s in the 4digits are going to be compromised? I switched to viread.Is this drug really the least toxic in the class or is that unfounded?

Response from Dr. Boyle

I agree that Videx EC is extremely potent, but I don't agree that it is the most "toxic". Like all nucleoside analogues (NAs) it has some unique toxicities associated with it, but these are not necessarily worse than those associated with the other NAs. As far as the switch to Viread, some in vitro (test tube) data, indicate that it has low toxicity, and the studies that have been done thus far seem to indicate that as well, but there is still a lot that is unknown. As we have often seen with antiretrovirals, sometimes the problems with them do not emerge until they are used in a lot of patients.

Never been able to increase CD4 Count
drugs