Sustiva for Viramune?

What should I do? I have been HIV for 2 years, started with Crixivan and combivir,my VL went from 500,000 to under 50 and cd4 stayed at 650. After a year I switched drugs because of redistribution of body fat and neuropathy because of the azt in combivir. Now Im on sustiva, epivir and zerit. In this regimen over 8 months, counts are still good, but I am so tired all the time (I guess because of the sustiva), Also noticing that my face is getting skinny, dont know if this is because of the zerit or because im 44 yeras old. I asked my DR.-- and after lots of talks with him we decided for me to try Viramune, Ziagen and epivir, even though as of now he wants me to do the change slowly and only switch now the sustiva for the viramune keeping the other 2 drugs(zerit and epivir) Now my questions are: Should I switch to viramune,ziagen and epivir, or, should I switch to viramune, zerit and epivir , or, should i quit all drugs for a while because of my good counts in VL and cd4???? Please help me. Your input will help me a great deal. God Bless you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

It sounds like you are having some problems with the medications and if your T cells have always been >350 (and it sounds like they have been), I don't think that it is unreasonable to stop therapy for awhile. During the therapy interruption you should be carefully monitored for any immunologic or clinical need to restart therapy, but based upon the information you provided you may be able to be off therapy for some time before you need to restart.

sti for short period only.
Where are the studies for long-term interruption?