side effects from stopping

I had been taking 50mg of Amitryptaline for about 2 years every night. I've tried going without it now for about 3 weeks (without my dr.'s knowledge) to see if its something that I still need physically and emotionally. Is one of the side effects constant nausea? Or could it be that the nausea is caused by the lack of sleep that I've been experiencing?

Response from Dr. Aberg

I always advise everyone not to stop or change your meds without talking with your doctor. I do not know why you were prescribed this in the first place. Was it for sleeping difficulties, neuropathy (pain and/or numbness in your extremities), or other reasons? Are you taking other medications? The amitriptyline may have been interacting with another medication and now that you stopped the amitriptyline, the other medicine is making you sick. Nausea can be caused by a lot of things. I suggest you talk with your provider soon to discuss my comments above.

Kaletra & Agenerase dosage adjustment
zerit once a day