Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

Is Moderate Weed Consumption OK if I'm on HIV Treatment? (Editor's Pick)

I am below 200, around 154 in CD load. I am on treatment with Triumeq. Am I still able to smoke weed moderately?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. The key word in your question is "moderately." That can indicate a very wide range of usage depending on one's own definition.

No interaction is indicated in the literature between marijuana and Triumeq, although you should keep in mind that such interactions between recreational drugs and antiretrovirals are generally not studied.

I think your biggest concern is not the interaction with Triumeq but how much marijuana you consume. Be realistic about the impact of the drug in your life. It may or may not be a problem, but it is worthy of monitoring.

Take care,

David

Chronic neurological and psychological effects of Sustiva in contraindicated patients
bactrim substitued