|Complera and social drinking
Nov 3, 2013
I'm 28 and newly diagnosed but otherwise healthy. I was told my CD4 count was 502, not sure what the viral load was (all is still very new to me). I've been taking Complera for about a week and I wanted to know if my occasional social drinking will affect my medication or hinder my cell count. I usually drink about 3 or 4 beers socially, not every day or every week.
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. The rule of thumb for someone on antiretroviral medications is that one drink/day is acceptable. I don't know of specific studies on alcohol and Complera, however three to four beers puts more of strain on your liver. Speak with your doctor about your concern and protect your health!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neuropathy After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.