Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

i have kaposi sarcoma lesions on skin what is the treatment

my cd 4 is 350 and i have many ks lesions on my skin only and my doctor told i have to start the chemotherapy but i have problem i could not have caelyx or doxil the avaiable is ( admrycine , vinblastine , novantrone ) and he advised me to start on the combination of novantrone and vinblastine and i am already on HAART (truvada and sustiva) so could you please told me is that right or you have another vision

Hello and thanks for posting.

The first approach to treatment of KS is to be on effective HIV medications-- as you are. For many individuals, this alone will cause regression of the tumors.

While I'm not expert in oncology, there is a range of treatment options- best summarized in this review from the National Cancer Institute.

I hope that helps and keep us informed of your health decisions. BY

Night sweats
Human Growth Hormone and HIV