Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

purple spots2

sDear Doc, I hope you are ok. I am in Cuba at the so this email is being sent to you by a good friend of mine. My HIV status cannot be disclosed for I must face legal consequences such as deportation, that is the reason why I do not see the doctor right away. In march 2012 my CD4 was 970 and undetectable. I use Combivir and Efavirenz since 2008, I am diabetic and I use: enalapril, sodic warfarin, insulin. I am worried because I have purple spots on both palms right and left and also my feet, they do not hurt or itch but my skin is getting very dry (I am african american). I have not check my kidneys or Liver since 2010 and they were ok. Have you heard about these spots before? Am I supposed to be worried? Can I wait 3 more months to see the doc or should I fly back to Brazil right away. Thank you for your answers...

Spots on palms/soles of feet sometimes are seen in dark skinned patients on zivovudine (drug in Combivir) though other conditions such as syphilis need to be considered so ideally a clinical evaluation by at least a primary care doctor recommeneded. KH

Medical results and increased drinking
HIV Negative - thanks!