Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

Sharing a meth pipe with someone who has AIDS

I just relapsed on meth and was sharing a pipe when one of the people I was smoking with admitted to having AIDS. I'm really freaked out because I tend to bite the inside of my lip sometimes till it bleeds but at that time I didn't have blood in my mouth. I am kind of worried I have contracted HIV.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

It is impossible to get HIV by sharing household objects or, for that matter, crack pipes. However, if you have an open sore in your mouth and have contact with body fluids like blood or semen carrying the HIV virus, there is a theoretical opportunity for infection. My feeling is that the biggest risk you have from the scenario you describe is using meth. Here is a link to CMA do everything you can to get back into recovery.

Take care,

David

Smoking marijuana and have AIDS Dementia
gym supplement